Damon Braces in Plano Tx: Introducing Our Damon System
Our specialists at Infinite Orthodontics are proud to announce our new Damon System braces.
Damon braces are beginning to spread all over dentist’s offices. The use of braces has skyrocketed over the years due to the increased effectiveness, comfort and a heightened focus on dental studies.
Why Should I Get Damon Braces?
Excellent health starts with taking care of your oral hygiene. Our specialists at Infinite Orthodontics care about your well being and we encourage you to get braces for other reasons than just an attractive smile. Unlike conventional braces, the Damon System uses gentle forces designed to protect the health of your teeth and gums while during the treatment process.
We encourage our patients to get braces to improve their dental health first, but having an attractive smile isn’t a bad thing either!
Damon Braces Vs. Traditional Braces
If you are planning on getting braces soon, it is beneficial to understand how braces actually work. The goal of braces is to align your teeth. Braces achieve this by progressively aligning your teeth in a series of adjustments that can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
The continued pressure applied by your braces stretches and compresses the ligaments located in between your teeth. This allows for new bones to grow in between the teeth after they are loosened, thus creating better support for your teeth.
- Traditional braces resemble the tracks of a train.
- These braces involve the use of brackets attached to your teeth which enforce the pressure from the “arch-wire”..
- Our professionals will evaluate the movements throughout your treatment, by tightening and adjusting the arch wires accordingly.
History Damon Braces
The technology of the Damon Braces System may seem like a new technology but the Damon Braces System was first brought up during the 1930’s?
The Damon Braces were first realized by Dr. Dwight Damon. This beautiful invention was created for the sole purpose of being better than the traditional braces. The goal of the Damon braces was to solve the problem of the friction between the wires and the braces, which always increased the time of treatment and the patient’s discomfort.
Damon braces are equipped with a sliding mechanism to hold the archwire. This archwire reduces the amount of pressure exerted on the teeth which allows the teeth to move smoothly, fast, and with more comfort.
Damon Braces Pros And Cons
At this point, I’m sure you want to start your Damon Braces treatment already, right? Let us first explain the pros and cons that come with Damon Braces.
Damon Braces Pros
Not as noticeable as traditional braces.
- The brackets that come with damon braces can be clear, compared to chrome-colored brackets included in traditional braces.
- While no type of braces treatment is excruciatingly painful, a larger percentage of previous Damon braces have concluded that Damon braces cause less pain.
Less visits to the dental office.
- Damon braces involve less preparation procedures.
- Damon braces also do not use any rubber bands, which means less adjustments to be made throughout your treatment. Which means fewer trips to the dental office.
Damon Braces Cons
- Damon braces cost more than traditional braces. We advise that you first check with your insurance provider to see if they will cover the cost of Damon Braces.
Visible metal wires
- Damon braces are not considered to be invisible like other treatments such as Invisalign.
- Even though the brackets are clear, the metal wire will still be noticeable.
How Much Do Damon Braces in Plano Tx Cost?
Now for the big question, how much do Damon braces in Plano Tx really cost?
There is no general fee for the Damon Braces treatment. The cost for your Damon braces will depend on the specific conditions of your treatment. These include the number of times you visit the dentist office and the type of appliances your treatment will require. You are looking at somewhere between $4,000 and $8,000, so $6,000 is a good average.
Factors That Will Impact Damon Braces Treatment Cost
Searching for the best deal on where to undergo Damon braces treatment can be a difficult task. Here are some factors you should consider when looking for your dental office.
The severity of your condition.
- How much this will impact your wallet depends on how much work it will take to fix your current condition.
- The amount of time, facilities and resources it will take to correct your condition will influence how much money your treatment will cost.
Where is your dental office located?
- There are certain places that will simply just cost more than others.
- An orthodontist will charge you more if their area is more expensive due to higher rent, utilities and more.
- Our prices at Infinite Orthodontics are extremely competitive due to our organized system.
The expertise of your orthodontist.
- The fee your orthodontist may charge you will depend on the experience level demanded.
- In some places, it takes a license to install Damon braces, so they may charge you more because they went to school longer.
- Our specialists at Infinite Orthodontists carry skills of the highest caliber but still offer affordable prices.
Damon Braces Near Me
It is nearly impossible to find a procedure that will come without disadvantages. It is impossible to claim that any one type of braces is the best one as all have pros and cons. The right decision for you may differ from any the treatment path of any of your friends or family members.
Remember that what you are paying for is not just the system, but the skills and the expertise needed to efficiently implement the system so you have the safest, most favorable outcome possible. Dr. Hanoun carries years of experience with Damon braces and many other orthodontic treatment options.
His magnificent skills will allow him to interpret your aesthetic desires, while implementing the proper technology to provide you with high class results in quality for an affordable cost.
Pick a dentist with good experience that will handle your treatment with care, make you feel comfortable, and help you feel confident in your decision. Pick Infinite Orthodontics. Make your appointment today.